17 May 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid lipstick in Spicy.



Anastasia Beverly Hills is a brand that has a lot of Hype behind then over the internet, and to be honest they deserve it tenfold.  On the 7th January 2015 they launched their Liquid lipsticks that became a hit across the globe pretty much over night. You can purchase any of the 20 shades directly from www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com for $20 a pop, but the international shipping is horribly expensive, or I purchased all of mine from www.rosesbeautystore.com who is based in the UK and sell them for £22 each plus £2 shipping and they arrived within 4 days without a hefty customs fee.   Alternatively you could try buying through eBay, but the prices are inflated, you can’t guarantee they aren't already tested or genuine etc.

Spicy, Carina, Retro Coral

The tube they come in is very simple and elegant, giving you a clear view of the colour and they are a nice size too, not too thin that they seem breakable and not too long that they are unable to fit in a makeup bag. The applicator brush is probably the best I have ever used, it’s nice and long with a little bit of bend with small fibres so you can achieve a nice crisp line and a wide coverage in just one sweep, no more faffing around with different lip brushes.


The shade I’m reviewing today is called Spicy and she is a bright bold orange red which dry’s velvety matte. I have noticed with all ABH lip tars they dry a little darker than they look in the tube, which in this case I was SO thankful for as she reminded me of Chicken Tikka curry sauce (Not necessarily a bad thing…)when I first got her out the box.

When Spicy is actually on my lips it is a really stunning bright red that makes my lips look so plump and full! I literally have sex doll lips XD. I have read a lot of negative reviews from people regarding the texture of these, I think they have a really soft feel to them, almost velvety which is pretty rare for a matte lipstain and as a result these feel light and dreamy to wear! They are non drying and last a good 5 hours before needing a touch up, but of course their biggest weakness is grease/oil.


Have any of you managed to get your hands on these?


Love Piggy x

1 comment: