18 January 2015

Melt Cosmetics Lipstick: Summer!



Melt Cosmetics is a fairly new brand (Available from May 2013) from America that has stormed its way into the hearts and Instagram photos of every makeup enthusiast because of the kick ass colours they deliver. Its Tag line is “ultra matte, Bold . Radioactive” and they do live up to their name. They have a range of 13 stunning lipsticks and 2 new eye shadow stacks (that are highly coveted since their release!) at www.meltcosmetics.com. Each lipstick is a reasonable $19/£13 for 0.16oz/4.53grams and are 100% Cruelty free which is always a bonus! Save the Bunnies, save the Planet.  

The packaging is a cute sleek matte black tube with a purple ‘melt’ on the lid, It’s simple, to the point with no added frills and thrills to distract you from the product itself. Minimalistic and I like it J

melt summer
Summer! swatch under flash.
Summer! Is a beautiful peachy orange lipstick that on certain skin tones can look nude. She suits her name perfectly, everything about this shade makes you feel happy, it’s a great pick me up colour. Melt do claim ‘These babies have most amazing vanilla cake scent, you’ll want to eat them!’ and sadly this is the only time I disagree with them regarding this shade. I’ve asked several people and everyone seems to agree they smell a little like the scented Crayola crayons you got as a kid. Yes there is an underlying sweetness to the lipstick, but it still mainly smells like a crayon. This is my only real ‘complaint’ with Summer!

As most people say these lipsticks are a little difficult to get right at first. I presume it’s because of their ultra-matte formula it makes the lipstick quite dry and stiff, so yes they do tug a lot while applying and the darker colours can look cakey ( Not apparent in Summer!) but there are ways to deal with this.
Summer! in natural light.
PLEASE BARE IN MIND I USE NO PRIMER/PENCIL/BALM/LIPGLOSS IN MY PICTURES TO MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MOST ACCURATE REVIEW OF THE PRODUCTS.

Summer! with flash.
In a later application to try tackle the dryness issue and avoid tugging I first exfoliate my lips with LUSH sugar lip scrub, then apply a generous layer of Burt’s bees lip balm and keep it on for about 10 minutes. I then remove the lip balm and ass MAC lip primer and allow that to settle into my lips.
Then I lightly apply Summer! Over the upper and lower centre of my lips and then push the colour out to my lip line using a lip brush. 

Summer! with indoor light.
The really great thing with Summer! Is that it is packed with so much pigment that even a light sweep of lipstick with have a huge colour pay off. I find that using a lip brush to push out the colour and fill in the gaps really smoothes out and lines and build on that may occur and helps the colour last longer.
 For me Summer! lasted 4 hours before starting to feel dry on my lips and then she began to fade after 5 hours.

But this IS my happy face...
Overall Summer! Is something truly special to me, Initially when I first opened up the tube I was like “ Oh my god I’ve made a mistake getting this shade!!” buy as soon as you apply Summer! you just warm to her. It’s such a happy colour that will suit most complexions and I think it looks beautiful no matter what season you’re in! Lora and Dana are two incredibly beautiful women (seriously hunt them down on Instagram) who together created a line of beautiful trendsetting lipsticks. There’s a shade for every skin tone, every style and every attitude. The possibilities are endless



Do you guys own any lipsticks from melt? 
What do you all think about the texture of these babies?

Love Piggy x

No comments:

Post a Comment