26 January 2015

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar and Pencil: Lydia.




OCC Lydia lip tar and pencil.

Alrighty then, step right up! Today I’m going to be talking about a fantastic Brand called Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (I’m going to abbreviate to OCC from now on as it takes so long to type!) which was created in New York City in 2004 by the ingenious David Klasfeld. I actually met him at IMATS London I think it was 2013(?) when I went up to the booth and started talking to him and one of the helpers (by accident As soon as I recognised him I started to fan girl and go stupidly shy for some stupid reason!) He was a really nice chilled out guy with no egotism or superiority complex at all, him and his team were just so passionate about the product and couldn’t do enough to help me out and give me some tips! From that moment on I was a lifelong customer <3

Ahem, okay enough of my personal encounter and back to the brand. OCC is 100% vegan and they preach cruelty free products and are also internationally certified by PETA. These guys are the real Vegan deal unlike some other brands who I feel only make their Products vegan for a Popularity/fashion trend or just to increase their customer base and sell more product. (Seriously though has no one else noticed how Veganism has turned from a life style to a fashion trend recently??)

You can purchase their legendary lip tars from www.occmakeup.com for $18/£12 plus shipping and you get 0.33oz/9.35grams of Lip tar that will last you a life time. Alternatively like myself you can order from www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk where they sell these bad boys for £11.95 and £3.50 postage. Cocktail Cosmetics have a great range of lip tars, not every shade but most of them and they also restock really quickly as well as getting the new collection stock pronto.
 
Lydia pencil and lip tar swatches.
Okay so the lip tar/pencil I’m reviewing today is called Lydia and she’s described as a ‘darkroom plum’ which I’m not going to lie ‘darkroom’ did throw me off a little as I had no idea what that meant but basically Lydia to me is a blackened plum. The Lydia lip pencil is also the exact same shade as the lip tar so it works as the perfect base for the colour or it is equally as stunning on its own.
Lydia pencil and lip tar.
Lips tars come in a squeezy clear tube that reminds me of artists paint and have a tiny nozzle top, they are packed into a transparent wallet so you can view of the shades without having to swatch. Inside the wallet there is also a little card with instructions (I advise you follow them closely) and a mini lip brush. The pencils are all lacquered white with coloured tips and depending on the shade they either come with a white or black cap, very minimalistic. Pencils come in a small box that is mainly transparent with the ingredients printed in small down the side.

Lydia pencil and lip tar
All Lip tars have a minty smell and taste because they are formulated with peppermint oil, personally I prefer mint to sickly sweet smells so this is a bonus. The Lydia lip pencil is scentless due to the lack of peppermint oil in its mixture so it can be used as an eye pencil too! Bonus!

OCC Lydia pencil and lip tar with Hollywood lip tar dabbed in the centre.
OCC Lips tars at first are a bit tricky to use, the most common mistake made is to add too much product to the lips and then it starts to bleed terribly. Honestly Less is more, it may sound crazy that a single bead can colour your lips but that’s the magic of a lip tar. Just remember to follow the instructions they provide and nothing will go wrong.
Apply the tiniest bead of Lip Tar with our newly-included #010S Short-Handled Precision Lip Brush for complete, opaque coverage, either mixed with other shades or on its own.
PRO TIP: LIP TAR: MATTE™ is best applied over properly moisturized and primed lips. LIP TAR: PRIMER insures an optimal application.

Lydia today lasted me 5 hours before needing to be patched up after eating lunch but can last a lot longer if you refrain from eating oily/saucy foods. I'm sure you can already see how passionate I am about this brand and Lydia is another success from the collection! Its a beautiful rich colour that's perfect for autumn. Love it!

What do you guys think of OCC Lip tars? 
Do you have any problems using them?

Love Piggy x 


No comments:

Post a Comment